Runs PHPUnit tests against your build.
Has two modes:
phpunit.xml Configuration File¶
Its activated if you have phpunit.xml file in your build path,
tests/ subfolder, or you specify it as a parameter:
- config - Optional - Path to a PHP Unit XML configuration file.
- run_from - Optional - When running PHPUnit with an XML config, the command is run from this directory
- coverage - Optional - Value for the
--coverage-htmlcommand line flag.
- path - Optional - In cases where tests files are in a sub path of the /tests path, allows this path to be set in the config.
Running Tests By Specifying Directory¶
- directory - Optional - The directory (or array of dirs) to run PHPUnit on
Both modes accept:
- args - Optional - Command line args (in string format) to pass to PHP Unit
Specify config file and test directory:
test: php_unit: config: - "path/to/phpunit.xml" path: "app/tests/"
If standard logging of PHPCI is not enough, to get standard output from any command, including PHPUnit, edit
BaseCommandExecutor::executeCommand() to see what exactly is wrong
composer updatein phpunit plugin directory of PHPCI to get all of its dependencies
- If phpunit is inside of the project’s composer.json, it might interfere with PHPCI’s phpunit installation
- Make sure you have XDebug installed.
The Xdebug extension is not loaded. No code coverage will be generated.Otherwise test report parsing in
TapParserwill fail, wanting coverage report as well
Invalid TAP string, number of tests does not match specified test count.